Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Etsy Shops I Love - Maryink


I'm not very good at screenprinting. I tried it at school and didn't have much talent for it, which makes me all the more impressed with all the talented Etsy sellers out there selling cool screenprinted items. One of my favorite shops for all sorts of wonderful screenprinted items is Maryink.

My first purchase from Maryink was a set of lovely votive candleholders covered with screenprinted paper, which I bought as a gift for my mom. Since then I've bought a few t-shirts and a tote bag, and I just love them all.

Maryink's shop features a diverse selection of unique designs, ranging from delicate florals to folk art motifs and bold pop designs. My favorite thing about Maryink's items is that the t-shirts are printed with a special ink that disperses the dye in the t-shirt. The prints are actually dyed into the fabric of the t-shirt, not sitting on top of it like with a normal screenprint. This makes the t-shirts extra comfy to wear and the prints don't crack like regular screenprints sometimes do.

Maryink is definitely one of my favorite Etsy sellers, and I'm sure I will be back for more!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty shirt.

Sarah B. B. said...

I love them, too! I have two shirts and a totebag. I actually met her last year at ICE in Atlanta, and she's as sweet as it seems like she should be. :)