Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Polymer Clay Explorations and New Jewelry

I've been dabbling a bit in polymer clay with the goal of making my own beads and having another way to add color to my jewelry (because I'm a jewelry control freak and I want to make everything myself!)  Now I know that there are REAL polymer clay artists out there making crazy amazing stuff, so don't scoff at my sad little beads, but I do like the color combination possibilities they open up.  Here are a few samples, soon to be available in my etsy shop! 



4 comments:

Libellula Jewelry said...

Your beads "speak" to me more than a lot of the other polymer clay beads out there because they look so simple, organic, and yet precise all at the same time.

Copperheart said...

thank you!

tomboy said...

Your beads are absolutely beautiful! I really like your patterns, as they remind me of old ceramic tiles. Well, yes there are amazing stuff you can do with polymer clay but what I like most is to keep it simple and clean. A cool thing to try is to mix polymer clay with herbs like verbena, sage or cinnamon. The result is beads with color, rough surface and a distinct nice smell. You also can try the faux-lava technique where you add salt, bake and then leave the beads into hot water to dissolve the salt. The output is really funny :) Keep up!

Ash said...

"Control freak" made me giggle! I find myself wanting to learn new techniques all the time so that I can creat my pieces "from scratch". :)