Sunday, August 10, 2008

Something New


Here's the first sucessful brooch in a new series I'm starting. I used rivets running through tubing to stack the front and back pieces. The back plate holds a bezel set enamel piece. This piece evolved from some pieces I made in my senior year of college (the first time in college, that is) Those pieces used champleve enamel in the back plates and had top plates made with textured copper and soldered steel wire. They were really cool but not particularly wearable. This is sort of a streamlided version of the same basic idea, with the addition of the bezel to hold the enamel piece. I think I'm going to stick with the little house shape for now, because I think it has a lot of possibilites.

2 comments:

KMJewelryStudio said...

This is absolutley beautiful! Well done!

Copperheart said...

thank you so much!