Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kidney earwires are my new favorite thing


I had this idea to make reversible earrings the other day. While I haven't quite worked out the reversible earrings themselves, I did try out making some kidney earwires to put them on. I had never tried making them before, but they are actually quite easy to make, especially if you make yourself a little jig. I like that you can make them long and swingy, and I like how they lock up so they can't fall out of your ear. So all the earrings I made this week have long kidney earwires. Now I'm thinking of all the other kinds of earwires I can make for my earrings.

9 comments:

Monkey said...

Those are very pretty earrings and if I wore earrings, I would definitely wear those!

Copperheart said...

thanks!

Laura Brito said...

These are really lovely!

Copperheart said...

Thanks! I kind of wanted to keep these for myself!

Teka and Zoe said...

Can you show a picture of your jig for the kidney wires?

Copperheart said...

sure, I don't have one handy right now, but I'll try to get one up

Sherlyn said...

I realize that using earwire kidney, the charm easy to slip out when we open the lock. Do you know how to prevent that?

Copperheart said...

I've seen kidney earwires with wrapped loops instead of open loops. I haven't had a problem with them coming open while I was wearing them, but if you were worried you could try wrapped loops.

GIDGET209 said...

reversible earrings...use a wire with ball at the end...people can flip them..