Thursday, February 28, 2008

High School Art Day

Every year my college has a "high school art day" event. Local high schools submit artwork to be juried for an art show, and then on high school art day itself we have art activities and awards for winning student work.
Today was the first day of drop off for student artwork. I helped out with it for just a little while this afternoon, and I was really impressed with the quality of some of the work. We'll be having lots more work coming, and then the jurors pick the work that goes in the show and we install it. This is all happening within the next few days. I think it's a good opportunity, because as art education students we tend to spend a lot more time around elementary kids in volunteer work and such.
Should be fun!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

I LOVE looking at High School Art...those kids are so talented and creative. Sometimes it is intimidating to me as an Art teacher. I might would graduate myself up to High School one day and enjoy things like parades and chaperoning a prom! :)

Copperheart said...

I know, some of the work I've seen so far is amazing for such young artists.