Sunday, November 18, 2007

More Adventures in Serigraphy


Screenprinted Box- Front
Originally uploaded by copperheart
When I make my projects for school, I often think of a really great Idea only after I have completely finished the piece. In serigraphy class we were given an assignment to make a print that would fold up into a box. Since I'm not really into commercial design, I decided to steer away from packaging and make sort of a decorative storage box- for "curiosities"
After I finished the project, it occurred to me that it would have been a great idea to use the assignment as an opportunity to create a custom gift box for my jewelry. I suppose I can always do that some other time. I am fairly pleased with what I came up with anyway- I especially like the curly lettering.

2 comments:

WoollyAttic said...

Can I have my Christmas present in that box? I promise to use it for "curiousities". You know I got em.

Copperheart said...

Sure :)
I know you've got all sorts of curiosities. I do too- I guess it must run in the family