Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday is Project Day


Earring Display
Originally uploaded by copperheart
I've been looking at jewelry displays lately because I want to spiff up my display for my town's monthly gallery walk. I just couldn't afford the cool displays I found in catalogs, so I decided to make my own. I made the earring display here with a store bought picture frame and some window screen. I just picked out a frame that was wide enough to stand on its own without the easel- took out the back and glued in some black aluminum window screen with hot glue. It cost me about ten bucks and took about 15 minutes to make, and I think it looks pretty good. The only problem is I had to buy a big roll of the screen. I'll have enough to make earring displays for the rest of my life! When I need more displays in the future, I'll just buy another black frame and use some more of the same screen and I'll have a coordinating set. If the rest of the night goes well I should have a necklace display to show off too!

No comments: